Call for Abstracts
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts
We welcome submission of abstract for the 8th World Congress of IAWMH in Paris, March 5th-8th, 2019 based on the following guidelines.
Abstract Submission Important Dates:
- Opening of Abstract Submission: February 2018
- Deadline to Submit Symposia/Workshop Abstracts: May 31st 2018
- Authors’ notification: Beginning of September 2018
- Deadline to Submit Oral/Poster Abstracts: September 30th 2018
- Oral/Posters Authors’ notification: End of October 2018
Abstracts may be submitted under the following presentation types:
- Symposium: 90 mn length, 1 chairman and 3 to 4 speakers
- Workshop: 90 mn length, 1 chairman and 3 to 4 speakers maximum
- Oral communication: communication of 15mn each. 4 to 5 oral communications, on the same theme, will be grouped together to form an oral communication session of 90 mn. The chairs of the sessions will be appointed by the Scientific Committee. Please note that a denied Oral communication could be qualified as Poster Presentation.
Abstracts must be submitted under the following themes/subthemes:
- 1 Addictive Disorders
- 2 ADHD
- 3 Anxiety Disorders
- 4 Bipolar Disorders
- 5 Child and women’s mental health
- 6 Childhood & Adolescent Disorders
- 7 Consultation and Liaison Psychiatry
- 8 Dementia
- 9 Depression
- 10 Eating Disorders
- 11 Emergency Psychiatry
- 12 Epidemiology
- 13 Ethics
- 14 Family and women’s mental health
- 15 Forensic Psychiatry, prisonners
- 16 Gender equality
- 17 Genetics
- 18 Menopause
- 19 Mental health issues associated with Reproduction( including assisted reproduction), oral contraceptives, abortion
- 20 Mental Health Issues for women in the workplace
- 21 Microbiome
- 22 Minorities, migrants, homeless populations
- 23 Miscellaneous
- 24 Molecular Neurobiology
- 25 Neuroendocrinology
- 26 Neuroimaging
- 27 Nutrition
- 28 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- 29 Pain
- 30 Partners and women’s mental health
- 21 Personality Disorders
- 32 Pharmacoeconomics
- 33 Pharmacogenetics
- 34 Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- 35 Postpartum and Newborn – Mental Health Issues
- 36 Precision Psychiatry, biomarkers, Individualized treatments
- 37 Pregnancy
- 38 Premenstrual Syndrome, PMDD
- 39 Prevention
- 40 Psycho-Oncology
- 41 Psychogeriatrics
- 42 Psychological aspects
- 43 Psychoneuroimmunology
- 44 Psychopathology
- 45 PsychoPharmacology
- 46 Psychotherapy
- 47 Schizophrenia and other psychosis
- 48 Sexual Disorders
- 49 Sleep Disorders
- 50 Sociology, cultural aspects
- 51 Somatoform Disorders
- 52 Stimulation Methods (e.g. ECT, TMS, VNS, DBS)
- 53 Stress
- 54 Suicide
- 55 Violence
- 56 Vulnerabilty
- 57 Wellbeing
- 58 Women and Leadership
Guidelines for Submission of Abstract Document
Abstract MUST include the following:
- Objectives: 50 words or less, at the conclusion of this presentation, the participants should be able to…e.g. demonstrate, recognize, diagnose, treat, etc.
- Methods: Briefly describe methods implemented throughout the project. List key steps carried out, tools used, and time frame.
- Results: Summarize the results from the project and include sufficient evidence to support the results and identify what changes have emerged. The evidence must support your conclusions in the next section.
Conclusions MUST ADDRESS the following questions:
- After analysis of results, what is the opinion or judgment of the author(s)?
- Has the project achieved its objective(s)?
- What new knowledge was gained from the project and what change(s) happened as a result?
- What are the implications of the study?
- Literature Reference (optional list one or two maximum)
- Keywords (optional list of one or two maximum)
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- TITLE is limited to 35 words.
- ENGLISH is the only language to be accepted.
- BODY should NOT EXCEED 2500 caracters (title, authors and institutions not included)
- SUBMISSION accepted ONLY via online submission page.
- SYMPOSIUM/WORKSHOPS CHAIR(S) must submit the overall abstract for proposed session as well as each of the individual presenter abstracts in one submission. Please collect all pertinent abstracts and information prior to submission.
- BEFORE submission, Chair(s) is responsible for getting agreements from co-authors.
- FOR CORRECTIONS to a submitted abstract please connect to the platform before the deadline
- SUBMITTED abstracts will not be edited or proofread before printing (ALL authors are responsible for his/her abstract)
- AFTER submission deadline, change of abstract and addition and/or change of authors CANNOT BE made. Please make sure all authors are entered.
- the corresponding author will be the main contact of IAWMH 2019 regarding this communication. It will be his responsability to give all the future information to whom it may concern regarding this abstract.
- Once accepted by the Scientific Committee, the corresponding authors is supposed to be the Chair or a speaker of this communication during the congress.
- The corresponding author will be the main contact of IAWMH 2019 regarding this communication. It will be his responsability to give all the future information to whom it may concern regarding this abstract.
- Once accepted by the Scientific Committee, the corresponding authors is supposed to be a speaker of this communication during the congress.
Please note that abstracts will not be accepted if the above guidelines are not adhered to. All submissions will only be accepted through the online submission portal, no other format will be accepted.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Final programme/Abstract book and presented on site, on condition that the presenting author is registered for the congress and has paid the registration fee.
If you have any queries or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org